Wednesday 17 September 2014

Celebrate Sister

Sketch # 73 this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, was a pretty simple one.
Lots of ideas went though my head. I usually think about who I need a card for  in the next few weeks, and I have two sisters and a grand daughter who fit the bill. My oldest sister's was first, so I set out to find paper suitable for her. When perusing through my paper packs, my eyes hit on "Confetti Wishes' from Close To My Heart. Now, I do have to admit, when I  first  got this paper pack, I was not all the carzy about it, but I always order one pack of every new paper , so my customers can see first hand what it looks like. 
This paper pack, though not for me, is perfect for my sister, who loves yellow, and purples, and bright colors. 
It really came togther nicely, and I have a new fondness for it !! What a great combo of prints and plains, not only for making cards with, but it would make an awesome page, when scrapbooking a special birthdday party.
I love the new canary yellow and thistle card stocks, both included in this paper pack. I used the damask embossing folder from CTMH to emboss the background. I used the Cricut to cut out everything except the card itself !! The nice thing about the Cricut Explore, is, you can set you card up right on the virtual mat, and make sure everything is going to fit where you want it !! How awesome is that. Once you have it all organized, just hit the go button and you are off. 
I really love the way this card turned out,even though it is not my usual style. I hope you will find the time to join us at Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge (just click on the link) and that you make sure to use up all your little bits and pieces !!


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous job, and I'm glad that this sketch made you steer off your usual style. It turned out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! The sanding on the embossed cardstock is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embossed background and the candles make the perfect background as well. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous creation! Great choices of colours and papers!

    ReplyDelete