Tuesday 3 March 2015

Sunshine

The time is flying by. Although this winter seems like it will never end, spring is just around the corner. We will soon be growling about black flies and spring rain. Speaking of the time flying, I cannot believe my first grandchild is turning 17 today. It seems like only yesterday we held her in our arms for the first time, and were amazed at how beautiful and perfect she was. Seventeen yrs later and she is still beautiful and perfect. I am so proud of the amazing young woman she has become. The sketch this week from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge     was an easy one , and I used it to make the card for my grand daughter.
I used the paper pack "Brushed" from Close To My Heart for this card. I love the color combination of the pinks, and lagoon and cranberry red in it. It is bright and cheery . The floral paper that is included is so springy and fresh, but was a little too busy with what I wanted, so I just flipped it over and used the other side. The lagoon card stock set everything off nicely. The design for the sentiment was cut using Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles and my Big Kick . The sentiment I used is from the stamp set "Give A Lift" also from Close To My Heart, stamped with Cranberry Ink. The darling little flower is the metal embellishments from the Brushed collection. I  had some bling that matched the center of the flower, so placed 3 of them in the bottom right hand corner  to pull it all together. I never  worry about weather or not she will like what I make her. She loves everything I make her, and looks forward more to the cards then  her present.......LOL. I do however, hope you all like it, and wish you a wonderful week. Make sure to take time for yourself, and use up all your little bits and pieces !!

4 comments:

  1. Your card makes me long for spring and flowers and warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card... love the sentiment frame...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flower embellishment! Your card makes me really want to play with Brushed (my least fave of the current Paperpacks!) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure your granddaughter will love it! It is girly and sweet looking!

    ReplyDelete