Tuesday 30 July 2013

Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge # 14

August is almost upon us, and here we are at sketch #14 already. I hope you are all enjoying playing along with us as much as I am enjoying being part of this group of talented ladies!! I am truly inspired every week when I see the wonderful work that they create!!

This weeks' sketch caught my eye, and I knew I wanted to do embossing for the background.I love embossing  with my Big Kick as well as cutting die cuts with it. This was not stepping outside the box for me, as many of you know, white on white is my favorite thing along with roses....................so I guess this is ME.
 I made this card for a wonderful friends' grandaughter who is like a niece to me and whom I love very much.Everyone is very excited,grandmother,mother,mother-to-be, and honorary auntie !! This was for sure a labor of love !!


As you can see the first thing I did was to flip this sketch on its side. My card is 5 X 7 .I embossed the dots with a Cuddlebug folder called "Dots". Both the die cuts are from the same set called Resplendent Rectangles.The rose,leaves and the  curly cues are all from Art Philosophy. One of my favorite carts from Close To My Heart .
The pearl accents and the pink ribbon can be purchased at any shop where wedding supplies are sold. I bought mine from a neighbor. The Welcome Baby was computer generated.
I hope you like my take on this sketch, and that you take time to create something and play along with us at Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge .
Have a great week all and don't forget to make good use of all your little bits and pieces !!

6 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job with this card. It is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I live the white on white!! The "dots" folder is one of my favorites too and the rose with swirls and pearl thing is georgious

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this baby card. It looks so soft and delicate. Perfect for a newborn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Barbara!!!! Speechless... okay not really... that never happens LOL but I am definitely CASEing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for you wonderful comments. I look at everyone else's work, and think I have not stepped up to the plate, and then you ladies make me feel proud of my work with your support !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete