Friday 2 August 2013

Welcome Baby

I am very excited to be joining in the CTMH Blog Boosters Hops and Linkys. If I get you all where you are supposed to be going, I will be very happy.
First off, my creation today is for a family friend who is expecting in Sept. I have done the first page of a scrapbook for her and then I am going to give her scrapbooking supplies along with it, to encourage her to scrap her baby's pics. So many young mothers today take hundreds of photos, share them on facebbook, and then leave them on the computer. What will their children have to look back on when they are grown??  It is more important than ever to make sure we have tangible things for future generations to hold on to.Whether you are an old hand at scrapbboking or a newbie, I encourage you to pass your knowledge along so that everyone will do this for our children and their children.
I have done this layout with the new paper packet from CTMH called Babycakes. It is darling paper that is very versatile and is certainly not limited to babies.All of the accents on this layout are from Babycakes Complements Canvas Shapes. I love the canvas shapes as they have so much more dimension then regular type stickers. Using the new Artbookking cart from CTMH, I cut out the large frame(sunset) and the background(buttercup) as the center focus of this layout. The key is bottom row , key 4 , setting is "photo mat 1 , on shift lock, cut at 10" for background. Same key,setting is photo mat 2, on shift lock, cut at 10.5" for frame.
The brown strip is chocolate cut at 3.5" x 12", and the ribbon is 1 1/4" dark Chocolate Striped Grogain ribbon also from CTMH.the photo mats are 4 3/4" x 3 1/4" for the slate, and  4 1/2"x 3" for the colonial white.
All of the paper used came from the paper packet and there is much left over!!!
The writing is all hand done. I cannot take credit for the general layout as I followed a sketch challenge.
I do hope you will try to find time to scrap your photos, and remember to make good use of all your bits and pieces.


15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Barb, this layout is ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really cute layout! It's such a great idea for a baby album - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you've done for your title page! It's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great baby page. I really like all of the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute layout! I am looking forward to playing with Babycakes, maybe I will get my son's First Year Book done...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful baby gift! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great LO - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice layout, I love the borders on the sides!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ADORABLE! Would make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice LO Barb. Classic and smooth. I like these colors.

    ReplyDelete