Tuesday 10 December 2013

Poinsettia

Wow, Christmas is fast approaching and the year has gone so quickly.

 We have all been as busy as little bees over at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge .  Christmas projects,  gift buying,decorating,baking,etc. Some work full time, and others are full time mothers, juggling the kids, and the house, others teach workshops and classes, and many do craft fairs and shows.Many do all of the above.Somehow, we always manage to find a little time left over to devote to our favorite pastime.....paper crafting.

This week's sketch left me wondering what I was going to do. I wanted to do Christmas, because, after all it is that time of year.

Yet, I have done many cards with all the  traditional  Christmas colors, and really wanted to change things up a bit

This card, although has a Christmas theme, even with the poinsettia , you would only need to change the sentiment, and it would make a lovely card for an occasion.


                                               
  I used Sarita paper pack from Close To My Heart for the print back ground, and the plain paper used for the trim and the poinsettia  is Twilight. I used a Martha Stewart lacy punch on the edge and inked it with Twilight  ink.  . The ruffled oval was cut and embossed with a Spellbinder die cut called "Ornate Artisan Tags and Accents", and was also inked around the edges with Twilight. My poinsettia was made with another Spellbinder   die cut . I do not like glitter, or stickels or any of those products, but thought I would step outside my comfort zone for those who do. It actually came out quite nice, but did not photograph well at all. The decorative strip was the little strip of paper on the Sartia . I love that Close To My Heart, always has a little decorative strip on each piece of print paper, that co ordinates with it. It helps to give you a color choice that will go with it, that you may not have thought of!!
The little center dot is from the Sparkle Assortment, Brown and Tan. The Sentiment from the SOTM for November, Scandinavian Wishes.
I hope you will step out side you comfort zone, and try something new . Christmas is coming, and there is plenty to do. Don't forget to take time for yourself, enjoy the coming holidays,and be sure to make good use of all your little bits and pieces!!


































                                                  

1 comment: