Tuesday 24 June 2014

Welcome Baby # 7

When I looked at the sketch this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge , my first thought, was "oh, flowers". This will be easy peasy for me. As any one who knows me, knows of my love for flowers on everything............LOL. That being said, I also always try to make a card that I need in the forseeable future. That is  a baby shower card, hmmm, not really conducive to flowers.Well I forged ahead and made a card that I think follows the sketch (somewhat) and fills my needs as well. A  card for grandbaby number seven arriving this fall. 

 This new grandbaby, is also baby girl # 6, so I went with pinks and yellows and greens. It will match her little blankie that nana is making her.

The cardstock is from Close To My Heart , and  colours are as follows: Blush, Buttercup, Sweet Leaf, and White Daisy. The white background was embossed with the Quaterfoil embossing folder, also from CTMH. It has fast become one of my favorites. I used the "write" feature on my new Cricut Explore to do the writing on white,with metallic pink, then cut the same words out on the yellow to get the three demensional look. I layered the yellow over the white then both of these over sweet leaf. I inked all of the cuts on this card to make everything pop. The lace and ribbon are from  my never ending stash. this card is a labour of love, and I hope it inspires you to join the fun. As you can see, you don't have to take every sketch literally ( I rarely do) to make it work. Enjoy your week,and don't forget to use up all your little bits and pieces!!

4 comments:

  1. I love this, and nana is in her glory with so baby grandbabies. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! Love the cutouts of the words, may have to figure out how to do that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the 3 dimensional look of the saying! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet baby card, and it really does go so well with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete