Tuesday 8 July 2014

Lace and Flowers

This week's sketch over at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge brought a smile to my face. I have a certain style that I love, and you know it always involves flowers and lace. I am never happier than when I can use those two things together.
This sketch was so my "cup of tea", that I had to go back to the basics and do what I love the most. I hope you like it !
This card is a 5 x7 on Colonial White cardstock. The background color and the color of the rose is Sorbert from CTMH. Mums are daisy white, inked with pear, and the centers are creme brulee. I cut the rose using the Art Philosophy cart from CTMH, and the mums and the centres from the Artiste Cart, also from CTMH. ( There is a new cart coming in Aug !, can't wait for that one !!). The leaves and the scrolls were also cut from Art Philosophy. The sentiment was computer generated and the lace and ribbon from my ever growing stash !! As I  alsways have flowers done up ahead of time, this card took only minutes to put together. I like to cut out the flower pieces when I have free time during the day,  or if I have an order for a specific color, I always cut a sheet full to have extra. I  them put them together in the evening, while spending time in front of the TV with hubby. That way I get to do what I want, and he doesn't feel like I am spending all my time in my craft room. With several birthdays coming in July and Aug, I am sure to be able to find just the right person for this card. 
Hope you find time during these busy summer months to get in a little crafting, and be sure to make good use of all your little bits and pieces !!

3 comments:

  1. Great job, those flowers look very realistic. Always love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! Such a beautiful card -love the lace! I can never get this style "right". You do it effortlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous, you certainly are in your element!

    ReplyDelete