Monday 28 October 2013

Autumn Colors

Fall is by far, my favorite time of the year. I love the cool nights and the warm days, and I especially love the glorious riot of color. The trees are at their finest and it is as if they were waiting for their moment to shine !! The flowers are fading and the vegetables are all picked so they put on such a show for us while they have our undivided attention. I guess that is why I love the colors in the new paper pack "Huntington" from Close To Mt Heart". When I saw sketch 27 for Atlantic  Heart Sketch Challenge, I immediately thought about doing a Christmas card. Before I got around to doing the sketch, I was working on wedding cards with a fall theme, and decided right then that I had to do this card with the Huntington paper. Sometime I agonize over what I want a card to look like. This card simply came together, and I am very please with it. Hope you like it as well.
:
I have showcased the Huntington paper with olive. They go so well together.  The colonial white  was embossed.  I thought it complimented the paper. Unfortunately, I do not know the name of the folder. The flower stamp is a SOTM from the spring and summer 2012 book, called Floral Happiness. The rose was stamped first with Autumn Terracotta, then with Barn Red. The leaves with Pear and then New England Ivy for the veins. The always grateful stamp is from the stamp set of the same name, found in this season's Idea Book. I stamped it with  chocolate,    and used my stylus that I rubbed in  ink to make the dots . I think it just gives it an extra something.
The out side edge  of the sentiment paper is inked with Autumn Terracotta. The embellishments are    from the Mini-Medley Accents/ Rosewood. (I love them ) That gorgeous ribbon was given to me by a friend. I liked it so much, it is all gone !!  The sketch has the ribbon going over the top of the sentiment, but I just couldn't find a place on the card that I liked it, so I tucked it underneath instead. I hope you  enjoy what is left of   fall, take time for yourself, and be sure to make good use of all your little bits and pieces !!!                             

1 comment: