Tuesday 18 March 2014

Happy Birthday Tulips

Oh my, things are so exciting !! I just got the new Cricut Explore, and what fun I am having. Having used the Cricut Craft Room for so long, this is a real learning curve, but I have such a thirst for learning new things, I am just sopping it up as fast as I can..............LOL
Now you know this weeks challenge for Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge just had to be done using this fabulous new machine !!

It really threw me for a loop, but seeing as I am not into mountainy things, I decided to do what works best for me !!
Flowers.................. I love flowers

Well I opened up the box, plugged everything in, and did one small beginner project, and thought "that's enough, now I want to do something myself". I never was one to have much patience.When you get everything set up, Provo Craft has given access to free cuts for the first two weeks with this machine. I opened up the program and one of the first images I saw was this one. I clicked on it, sized it, and pressed GO. It showed that I would need 5 colors, 3 shades of green and 2 shades of pink. Everything was layed out for me to see, and all I had to do was put the paper on the mat, and feed it through  !!! Oh what fun. I cannot wait to play and find lots of interesting designs. I might even get to a point where I can design my own. You never know !!! The pinks are Hollyhock and Cotton Candy, and the greens are New England Ivy,Pear, and Sweet Leaf. All colors from Close To My Heart . The ribbon I got from a friend and the sentiment is computer generated.
 I will keep playing and hope to bring you more next time. Have a great week, and don't forget to make good use of all your little bits and pieces

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Barbara! I love tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, I really love this. How hard was it to paper piece this together, some of those cuts look pretty small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not hard at all Michelle!. I used the glue pen from CTMH, They are not as small as they appear. It was very easy, and the new Explore cuts fantastic !!!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to get my Explore now! I've been waiting. I ordered from Amazon and it was suppose to be here yesterday but didn't ship out until last night! Your card is just goregous! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these tulips are so pretty! I am still trying to convince the hubby that I need a Cricut :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I love the flowers, so pretty, Tulips are my all time favourite.

    ReplyDelete